“Mole”, as well as being the name for a small burrowing mammal, is the common name for a collection of dark pigment on the skin. This different pigment, even though it is not necessarily harmful or cancerous, can cause problems for the individual as it can be unsightly and can lead to low self esteem and self consciousness-particularly if the moles are on the face or other prominent positions.
If you are looking to banish any unwanted moles such as this, there are many ways you can do so without resorting to surgery which can have dangerous or uncomfortable side effects. Did you know that you can even take matters into your own hands, and use some surprising home remedies to rid yourself of these skin blemishes?
Here are three effective, proven and harmless ways of natural mole removal:
Garlic for Mole Removal
This humble, innoccuous kitchen staple which is best known for its mythical vampire repelling properties, is equally effective for mole removal at home. It can remove moles as quickly as within a week, depending on the severity of the mole and the reactions of the individual to treatment.
- Coat the area around the mole with petroleum jelly, to prevent skin being burned.
- Squash or very finely chop a clove of garlic to remove the juice.
- Dip a cotton bud or piece of cotton wool into the garlic juice and hold against the area wth tape or gauze.
- Leave the treatment on the area for several hours or overnight.
- Wash the area with clean water and repeat.
- Alternatively, slice the garlic very thinly and attach to the affected area overnight.
- Continue the treatment until the mole disappears.
Iodine for Mole Removal
A well known household liquid, iodine is used as a disinfectant and also contains acetic acid. This strong smelling liquid is good at removing unsightly moles.
- Apply petroleum jelly to the area around the mole to avoid burning the surrounding skin.
- Dip a cotton bud or cotton wool bud into the iodine and hold it against the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the area with clean water.
- Repeat the treatment at least three times every day.
- Continue treatment until the mole flakes and falls off.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Because of the mild acetic acid content, this common kitchen ingredient is very effective at mole removal.
- Cover the surrounding area with petroleum jelly to avoid burning the skin.
- Dip a cotton wool bud in the cider vinegar and hold it against the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off the cider vinegar with clean water.
- Repeat the treatment at least four times every day, until the mole disappears. This should take around a month.
So there you have it-some very simple, harmless and inexpensive ways to remove skin moles with the minimum of fuss and hassle-and no trips to the doctor. Moreover, according to this mole removal website, home remedies never leave scars on your skin.
You should always ensure that your hands and the area to be treated are clean before you undertake any of the above methods, and in the unlikely event of any severe reactions you should consult your medical professional.
This post has been supplied by RemoveSkinMoles.Com, a website where you can find comprehensive information on mole, skin tag and wart removal methods.
Incoming search terms:
- mole removal at home
- how to remove moles at home
- at home mole removal